CTF Overview - Updates
By partnering with the MacMillan Center and the Graduate School, graduate students are eligible for annual conference travel funding of up to $500 pre-candidacy and up to $750 post-candidacy. GSA’s CTF budget has doubled so that we can accommodate even more students. The GSA CTF should only be used to fund conference travel that cannot be fully funded by a department or advisor. If you are a Ph.D presenting on an international topic, you can apply for the MacMillan Center International Conference Travel Grants. For all others, you have access to the Graduate Student Assembly Conference Travel Fellowship (CTF). It is important to note that a student can only be awarded the MacMillan Conference Travel Grant or the GSA CTF for a conference.
Important changes to know before applying:
- As of July 2019, students are eligible to receive funding for one conference per fiscal year (e.g. July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020).
- GSA Conference Travel Awards will be given on a rolling basis for a set amount of money per application cycle.
- $500 pre-candidacy
- $750 post-candidacy
- See transcript of candidacy status
- Awards will be give to reimburse travel expenses upon receiving receipts.
- No letter of recommendation will be required although email from department registrar and PI/Advisor will be needed to confirm graduate school standing, candidacy, and conference attendance.
- Application must be submitted before attenting the confrence. At least 30 days before conference is reccommended.
- Receipts must be submitted up to 45 days after conference
- Priority will be given for Ph.D students, second year and up.
- Masters students and first-years can only apply after the end of their first academic year of study.
These things will be necessary for us to process your application.
- An email from your department registrar saying proof that student is in good academic standing sent to email@example.com.
- An email from your PI/Advisor giving support for student attending conference sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of acceptance from the conference
CTF is now Open.
- Click here to to to the Yale Student Grant Database and search for Graduate Student Assembly Conference Travel Fellowship (CTF).
- Search for the MacMillan Center International Conference Travel Grants if you are doing Ph.D work on an international topic.
- Remember to email email@example.com once you have submitted your application in order for us to start processing your application.
**Please note that our application closes each fiscal year around June 15, and cannot open again until fresh applications have been generated (this customarily happens by early August). Students wishing to apply for conferences meeting during this period should make every effort to apply before June 15. If they are unable to do so, they should e-mail the CTF Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
All reward decisions are non-negotiable and proof of attendance will be required.