The Academics and Professional Development Committee is one of the GSA's standing committees. We focus on issues pertaining to teaching, mentoring, professional development, international students, Master's students, and the libraries. For our meeting times and locations, please check the GSA calendar.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please email the committee chair, Estella de Souza.
- Seeking the creation of a committee to review graduate student teaching needs across the entire GSAS and to assess how these needs are met across departments and divisions
- Helping graduate students find teaching positions in and after their teaching years
- Seeking guaranteed teaching and funding for PhD students in their 6th year
- Advocating professional development, including the development of mentoring skills
- Working on the implementation of a GSAA-Graduate Student Mentoring Program to best address the diverse interests of GSAS students.
- Enhancing the visibility and the perception of the Graduate Mentor Award
The following advocacy positions are also part of our committee:
- The Graduate Student Assembly's delegate to the University Library Committee
- The Graduate Teaching Center advocate
- The Graduate Career Services advocate
- The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity advocate
If you have any questions or concerns related to the University Library Committee or any of the above Graduate School offices, please email the responsible GSA representative directly.
Archived minutes from meetings can be found here.