The Facilities and Healthcare Committee is one of GSA's three Standing Committees. We work on issues pertaining to graduate student housing, legal aid, gym access and usage, and healthcare. Our meetings take place directly after each GSA general assembly meeting.
- Improving Mental Health Services at Yale
- Ask-A-Lawyer - Working with New Haven County Bar to tailor expertise to the needs of the graduate student body and evalutate type and magnitude of need. For more information please visit our Ask-A-Lawyer page.
- Tax advice for graduate students
- Improving housing information available to new and incoming students
- Extending evening and weekend hours at Payne Whitney Gym
- Improving the Vision and Dental Plans - GPSS and GSA are jointly working on improving the vision and dental plans available to graduate and professional students.
In large part due to advocacy by this committee, Associate Vice President for Administration Janet Lindner and Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Kim Goff-Crews have convened a Graduate & Professional Student Housing Committee! "The purpose of this committee is to advise the administration on housing issues, beginning with a review of existing housing, both on and off-campus, and to provide input into university strategic planning for graduate and professional student housing overall."
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please email our chair Wendy Xiao.