Facilities and Healthcare
The Facilities and Healthcare Committee is one of GSA's three Traditional Committees. We meet on alternate Wednesdays from the General Assembly Meetings and deal with issues pertaining to graduate student housing, gym access and usage, and healthcare access and insurance.
You can read our meeting reports here.
- University-wide Housing Committee proposal (to bring together different administrative food chains to help solve problems like on-campus weekend dining for graduate students). Michelle Kriner is the lead person on this (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Legal-Aid - in progress. Working with New Haven County Bar to taylor expertise to the needs of the graduate student body and evalutate type and magnitude of need. Tiffany Rechsteiner is the lead person on this (email@example.com)
- Joint F&H/GPSS Advocacy Report on the Gym - compiling feedback and making reccomendations to the administration given the fact Payne Whitney is the only gym available to graduate students (undergrads have college gyms). Mark Redmond is the lead GSA person on this (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HGS Renovation Planning committee - meeting just starting now. Will be collecting information from graduate student body to aid planning. Nick Torsiellio is the lead person on this (email@example.com)
- Insurance while Away from Yale - Yale will soon be providing insurance to students while out-side of the new haven area. The details are being worked out in the Student Coverage Task force(SCTF). F&H/GSA's representative on SCTF is Jake Musser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Improving the Dental Plan - GPSS and GSA are jointly working on improving the dental plan available to graduate and professional students. Jake Musser is the lead GSA person on this (email@example.com)
- Improving Mental Health Serivices at Yale - ad hoc committee has been set up to address headed by Paul Baranay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ariana Chao (email@example.com)
- Westville Shuttle Line - ajoint ad hoc committee with Transit and security has been set up to explore the possability of adding a new shuttle line to improve housing market in for graduate students at Yale. Luke Thompson is the F&H contact person for this committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please email our Chair Eugene Douglass email@example.com.