Facilities and Healthcare
The Facilities and Healthcare Committee is one of GSA's three Standing Committees. We work on issues pertaining to graduate student housing, legal aid, gym access and usage, and healthcare. Our meetings take place directly after each GSA general assembly meeting.
You can read our meeting reports here.
In large part due to advocacy by this committee, Associate Vice President for Administration Janet Lindner and Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Kim Goff-Crews have convened a Graduate & Professional Student Housing Committee! "The purpose of this committee is to advise the administration on housing issues, beginning with a review of existing housing, both on and off-campus, and to provide input into university strategic planning for graduate and professional student housing overall."
- 24/7 access to study space for all graduate students
- Improving Mental Health Services at Yale
- Ask-A-Lawyer - Working with New Haven County Bar to tailor expertise to the needs of the graduate student body and evalutate type and magnitude of need. For more information please visit our Ask-A-Lawyer page.
- Tax advice for graduate students
- Improving housing information available to new and incoming students
- Extending evening and weekend hours at Payne Whitney Gym
- HGS Renovation Planning committee - an FHC member sits on this committee to promote graduate student interests during planning.
- Insurance while Away from Yale - Yale will soon be providing insurance to students working within the US but outside of the New Haven area. The details are being worked out in the Student Coverage Task Force (SCTF).
- Improving the Vision and Dental Plans - GPSS and GSA are jointly working on improving the vision and dental plans available to graduate and professional students.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please email our 2013-2014 chair Michelle Kriner at email@example.com